Vandalism is any addition, removal, or change of content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of CopperWiki. The most common types of vandalism include the addition of obscenities or crude humor, page blanking, or the insertion of nonsense into articles.
Any good-faith effort to improve the site, even if misguided or ill-considered, is not vandalism. Even harmful edits that are not explicitly made in bad faith are not considered vandalism. For example, adding a personal opinion to an article once is not vandalism — it's just not helpful, and should be removed or restated. Not all vandalism is obvious, nor are all massive or controversial changes vandalism; careful attention needs to be given to whether changes made are beneficial, detrimental but well intended, or outright vandalism.
Committing blatant vandalism violates CopperWiki policy. If you find that another user has vandalized CopperWiki, you should revert the changes and warn the user (see below for specific instructions). Users who vandalize CopperWiki repeatedly, despite warnings to stop, should be reported to CopperWiki:Administrator intervention against vandalism, and administrators may block them.
 How to respond to vandalism
If you see vandalism, please do the following:
- Check the article's page history to identify all vandalism edits. Usually, if the most recent edit by a particular user is vandalism, then all recent edits by that user are also vandalism. It is then necessary to revert to the last version before that user started editing.
- For a new article, if all versions of the article are pure vandalism, mark it for speedy deletion by tagging it.
- Otherwise, revert the edits. If you are viewing the diff between the current version and the preceding version, you can click "undo" to undo the edit automatically. Otherwise, please explain in the edit summary that you have reverted vandalism.
- To make vandalism reverts easier, you can ask for the rollback feature to be enabled for your registered CopperWiki account. Intended strictly for use to revert vandalism only, this will enable you to revert recent edits with a single click. #Leave a warning message on the user's talk page.
- Check the vandal's other contributions (click "User contributions" on the left sidebar of the screen).
- If the vandal continues to cause disruption after being warned, please report him or her at CopperWiki:Administrator intervention against vandalism. An administrator will decide whether to block the vandal.
 How to spot vandalism
Any vandalism found should be reverted to an earlier version of the page; remember to include any good edits that have happened since then! The auto-summary feature can help users detect vandalism.