You can write articles.
Welcome to CopperWiki.There are some things you should know before writing your first CopperWiki article. We'll explain some of the DOs and DON'Ts of writing an article, then we'll tell you how to create your article. Before you create your first new article, here are some tips that may help you along:
Try editing existing articles to get a feel. Also, try reading some of our better articles, either those listed as star articles.
Search CopperWiki first to make sure that an article does not already exist on the subject, perhaps under a different title. If you find an existing article on your subject, it is best to redirect the name you were thinking of onto the existing article. Gather references to the source(s) of your information. Articles that do not cite reliable published sources are likely to be deleted. Please don't create pages about yourself or your friends, pages that advertise, or personal essays. Be careful about the following: copying things, controversial material, extremely short articles, and local-interest articles. Gather references to reliable published sources. (Did we mention this one already?) Create a new page. List references to your sources. (We really mean it.)
- Enter your topic/title name in the GET KEYWORD/SEARCH box.
- If you get the message “There is no page titled “Carcinogens”. You can create this page. Click on Create this page. If there is already an article by the name, it will take you to that page.
- Check below if an article on Carcinogen or carcinogen already exists (since the software is case sensitive, it might not have led you to the existing article on the topic).
- The window Editing Carcinogens will open with an Editing Box.
- You can either key in directly, or copy-paste from your Word doc.
- Do not give the heading or title of the article again, as the default title has already been registered.
- Start with your introductory paragraph.
- Be careful while typing the name of the article as the software is case sensitive. Once the name of the article has been entered, it cannot be changed/edited/deleted after that (For example an article on Carcinogens, should not be typed carcinogens or CARCINOGENS).