Why should I be aware of this?
The World Health Organisation estimates that this electronic smog affects up to three in every 100 people and is "one of the most common and fastest growing environmental influences." It adds that "everyone in the world" is exposed to it and that the "levels will continue to increase as technology advances". 
How does this affect me?
Scientists have shown that EMRs can be disruptive to the human body’s own natural energy fields. Their waves are not blocked or weakened by objects in their way and they enter our body and upset its cellular function and biological processes. EMR can cause headaches, tiredness and even immune system disorders. Appliances which have proximity to the human head, like electric hair dryers, shavers and bedside digital alarms, are more dangerous. This is the reason why sensitivity to a computer screen is common, as we sit near to them, but sensitivity to television sets is less common, as we are usually six or more feet away from them.
Our body goes through a lot of electric activity. It uses electric impulses to transmit signals between nerves. Electromagnetic interferences can seriously affect these activities. Everyday electronic items such as television, radio, and microwave, create a magnetic field around them and can affect human body. And this level of smog will only increase further with advances in technology. Ailements resulting from exposure to electronic smog
|Miscarriages||Headache||Muscle spasms||Eye problems|
|Memory loss||Pain||Numbness||Digestive problems|
|Plapitations||High/Low blood pressures||Cataracts||Tremors|
|Learning difficulties||Attention deficit disorder||Hyperactivity disorder||Autism|
|Birth defects||Chronic insomnia||Diabetes||Cancer|
Electronic smog and environment
The World Health Organization considers electronic smog “one of the most common and fastest growing environmental influences." Too much electronic smog causes our body's electric field to become unbalanced, to slow down, to darken in spots, to stagnate, resulting in sickness and premature death.
According to scientists, the electrical fields given off by a wide variety of household items, including computers, televisions, cookers, lamps and even wiring, charge minuscule particles in the air such as viruses, bacteria, allergens and highly toxic pollutants. These particles are tiny. Being less than 80 times the thickness of a human hair, they are constantly airborne and we breathe them in all the time.
All about electronic smog
Electronic smog, as this household radiation is called, has a mindboggling range of the electromagnetic spectrum. At one end of the scale are fields with frequencies of several seconds, and at the other frequencies of billions of times a second. The highest frequencies known are 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 Hertz (pulses per second). Scientists estimate that our daily exposure to radiation is 100 million times higher than it was in our grandparents' time. Some people react to even very low levels of exposure, often to specific items.
Effects on children
The International Agency for Research on Cancer , a segment of the WHO, has classified electronic smog as a “possible human carcinogen” and the University of New York’s School of Public Health is of the opinion that electronic smog can cause up to 30% of all childhood cancers.
A study by the National Radiological Protection Board, UK, has linked electronic smog to leukemia in children. The Health Protection Agency, Britain's top health protection watchdog, has warned against the ill effects of Wi-Fi networks on children as this system is increasingly being set up in British schools. Read a case history Using Wi-Fi has Cost Me My Life 
Risk of leukaemia in children
A study, commissioned by the National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) concluded that one in 200 British children run double the risk of leukaemia as they are exposed to high levels of electromagnetic radiation in the home. According to the study, radiation emitted by power cables, pylons and electrical appliances causes cancer in two children in Britain every year.
In the US disputes over possible links between electromagnetic fields and cancer goes back to the 1970s. However, worldwide a series of laboratory and epidemiological investigations worldwide had come up with contradictory and inconclusive findings. But with recent findings arguments have dramatically shifted in favor of this theory.
Cell phone radiation
According to a Swedish study, because of intense usage of cell phones, the present generation of teenagers runs the risk of becoming senile by middle age. A study by Finnish scientists reported 40 percent increase in the risk of developing brain tumor for those using cell phones for over ten years. They are likely to be affected on that side of the head where they hold the phone to talk. Most scientists agree that children below the age of eight should not be allowed to use a cell phone.
Recent research has found a dangerous association between cell phone and a man’s sperm quality. It has been found that the more hours a man spends on his cell phone leads to lower sperm count and greater percentage of abnormal sperm.
What can I do?
Ways to increase resistance to EMR damage
- Increase intake of antioxidants, melatonin, vitamins B, C, E and folic acid as these are natural oxidative stress fighters
- Fish, poultry, meat and tap water are main sources of heavy metal ingestion. Find out the source of these items before consumption. Eat fresh, chemical-free, organic meats, fruits and vegetables.
Test for allergic responses.
- Avoid or minimize caffeine and alcoholic beverages, especially distilled liquor.
- Drink carbon filtered water possibly in glass or ceramic containers. Limit water in plastic bottles. Use recycled paper products for drinking and eating; avoid plastic or Styrofoam.
- Exercise increases metabolism. Breathe slowly and deeply. Surround yourself with nature as often as possible.
- Replace bright and fluorescent light with subdued full-spectrum/natural incandescent bulbs or candle light as much as possible. Increase melatonin naturally by sleeping in the darkest room possible.
- Get up to a couple hours of sun exposure
How to avoid electronic smog
- Minimize usage cell phones, cordless phones, and WiFi devices.
- Do not keep cell phones near your head. Turn it off when you are not using it and keep 6-7 feet gap between yourself and any part of your body. Never use it to play games, movies, etc.
- When using the cell phone wear air tube headsets
- Avoid keeping cell phone in pocket, purse, back or on hip all day. Close proximity to the hip may also affect fertility because the hip produces 80% of the body’s red blood cells and is especially vulnerable to EMR damage.
- Pregnant women, women with a baby/small child in arms, and those under age 16, should avoid cell phone use when in a vehicle (car, train, plane, subway) as radiation gets trapped and is higher in these closed metal zones. Cordless phone base emits high levels of EMR even when not in use. So it is advised to replace them with wired, corded lines (phones, Internet, games, appliances, devices, etc.).
- Minimize use of computers, sit as far away from the screen as possible; preferably use flat screens. Use wired Internet connections, not WiFi – especially for laptops. Keep laptops off of the body and away from metal surfaces.
- Keep alarm clock away. Keep radio at least 3 feet from head or use battery power. It is recommended that you keep at least 6 feet distance from all electronic devices during sleep. Avoid waterbeds, electric blankets and metal bed frames. Futons/wood frames are better than metal-coiled mattresses and box-springs.
- When using electric stoves, cook on back burners instead of front, as much as possible. Keep away from metals as they attract EMR.
Little support for those affected
As electromagnetic sensitivity has not yet been recognized as a medical condition, those affected often receive little understanding or support from society or institutions including the medical profession. Only Sweden has recognised electro-sensitivity as a physical impairment since 2000. About 300,000 Swedish men and women are sufferers. Those who are allergic to electrical energy receive support from the Swedish government to reduce exposure in their homes and workplaces.
- One of the components of the smog is wiring, even when nothing is turned on.
- Also, radio frequency fields from microwave ovens, TV and radio transmitters, mobile phone masts and phones, may also lead to electronic smog.
- Magnetic fields from all electronic items from TVs to toasters, also cause electronic smog
Hear it: The sound of electronic smog
Hear the sound of electronic smog as recorded by Carl Munson testing an electrosmog detector for traydio.com.
More electronic smog sounds
- Electronic Smog: No Escaping It!
- Am I electrosensitive?
- The Curse of the Mobile Phone Age: Electronic Smog
- Electrosensitivity - the problem
- Wireless Communication Produces Dangerous Electromagnetic Radiation
- ↑ Electronic smog
- ↑ The International Agency for Research on Cancer
- ↑ Using Wi-Fi has Cost Me My Life