Emotional Freedom Techniques
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), is an easy yet effective method which helps quick release of negative emotions. EFT involves tapping on certain meridian points that communicate energetic information throughout the human body while focused on the emotion we want to release. This is one of the most effective ways of bringing about emotional healing.
Why should I be aware of this?
Sometimes feelings and emotions, such as stress, anxiety, guilt, pain, sadness, can become negative emotions and can block our ability to live life fully. We may find ourselves repeating patterns in relationships, with career choices, or with physical ailments. We may feel stuck in situations that appear to be beyond our control.
Emotional Freedom Technique is a powerful tool that can help us regain control over our negative emotions and recover our personal power. It allows easy release of negative emotions and turns those into energy which helps us freely choose what is best in our lives. After the release of the negative emotions we can be free to experience more of life's joy and happiness.
All about Emotional Freedom Techniques
Angels and Goddessess The Dance of Life - Dance off that Weight for Good & for Bad What is energy healing and how can it help? Ailments: Fun with Pleurisy Eleven pipers piping - crystal power
Emotional Freedom Techniques is based on new discoveries regarding the connection between your body's subtle energies, your emotions, and your health. EFT has been reported successful in thousands of cases covering a huge range of emotional, health and performance issues. It has often worked where nothing else has.
EFT combines two well established sciences so one can benefit from both at the same time:
- Mind body medicine
It has been scientifically proved that each of these methods, applied on their own, can provide impressive relief. But with a combination of both EFT provides a profound synergistic effect. It is this synergism that allows EFT to sometimes work where nothing else does.
Body's subtle energies
Described by some as one of the most important breakthroughs in the area of psychology in this century, EFT is based on new discoveries regarding the body's subtle energies.
EFT is based on the electrical systems in our body called the meridians. It uses an emotional version of acupuncture in which needles are not used. The release points are stimulated by tapping with the fingertips. The flow of meridians has been called many other names such as, chi, prana, life force, electromagnetic, electrical or just energy. EFT gives back emotional and physical health by restoring the energy flow to normal.
When a person thinks about or becomes involved in an emotionally disturbing circumstance, some forms of blockages are created. The tapping on the acupuncture points on the meridian system releases the blockages, restores energy flow and bring the emotions back to balance. Following this, even though the memory of the hurt remains, the negative charge disappears.
Benefits of EFT
- Freedom from depression, anxiety and fears
· Immediate results are seen · Sessions can be conducted over phone · Freedom from limiting beliefs · Better physical and emotional health
EFT helps in the following areas
What can I do?
- Recall an experience when something which was out of your control happened. While doing that understand what you are feeling. Give a name to the feeling or emotional response. If you are not able to give a name, just call it “emotion”. Rate the intensity of the emotional response on a scale from zero to ten, with ten being the most intense and zero being no emotional response at all.
- With the finger pads of the index and middle fingers of your dominant hand, begin tapping lightly the "Karate Chop" point of your other hand. The fleshy part on the side of the hand below the little finger is known as the Karate Chop point. While continuously tapping this point, repeat the following Setup Statement three times: "Even though I have this emotion, I deeply and completely accept myself." If you can name the emotion, then replace the word "emotion" with the specific feeling such as "anger," "guilt," or "sadness."
- For treating physical pain or discomfort, replace the word "emotion" with a description of the problem such as "headache," “lower back pain," or "arthritis in my knee."
- Next, perform the Tapping Sequence by tapping about five times on each point to rebalance your energy flow. Keep focused on the emotion or problem by repeating a Reminder Phrase similar to the Setup Statement. To release stress, I repeat, "This stress" while tapping lightly about five times on each of the following points:
- EB = Beginning of the Eye Brow
- SE = Side of the Eye
- UE = Under the Eye
- UN = Under the Nose
- CH = The Chin
- CB = Beginning of the Collar Bone
- UA = Under the Arm
- KC = Karate Chop Point
- Personal Power at your Fingertips
- What is EFT?
- Life Positive