Emotions such as anger, fear, and unworthiness keep getting accumulated in our system and become the root cause of almost every injury and illness. Over time these limiting emotions weaken the physical body creating stiffness, aches, pain and general discomfort, which eventually can cause more serious conditions like tumors and cancer.
Emotions are the foundation of our lives. They inspire us and also limit us. Joy, bliss and happiness, along with anger, fear confusion and unworthiness make us whole. Anger is often the impetus to accomplish goals while fear deters us from moving forward. Though happiness and joy are least experienced, they are contagious and elevate everything we do.
Why should I be aware of this?
Emotional pain can be unbearable and multiplies quickly. Even if it is short-lived we tend to dwell on it and often do nothing to counteract it. It stagnates within our minds and bodies, and then begins to erupt into a full-blown illness. It often rears its ugly little head later on, often in another form, but one in which causes us to react with panic, anger, and confusion, simply because we didn't take care of the prior pain.
Emotional healing involves getting that negative energy out of our body and taking further action to keep them out, all the while knowing that you are in control of your life.
All about emotional healing
Just like the body, the mind too has all the necessary ingredients to heal its wounds - emotional wounds, both conscious and subconscious. The key is to know what and how to focus on these emotional wounds.
The key to success in emotional healing is self belief: What you believe is what you get. If you anticipate healing to be long, difficult or impossible, it will be. If you believe it is easy, it will be so.
It is necessary to remember that it is internal emotional resistance which in most instances prevents us from acquiring total well-being. Well-being is our natural state, and the subconscious mind is continually seeking to return us to it. As you release your resistance, healing rushes in. The subconscious mind is always ready to be healed. It simply awaits the conscious mind’s cooperation.
The most effective and easy way to know what and how to focus on emotional wounds is therapeutic hypnosis. Therapeutic hypnosis is a special form of communication to the subconscious mind, where all habits are established and memory is stored. Because the language of the subconscious mind is visual, the more detailed your image is of your goal, the faster your subconscious mind will create the healing you need to achieve peace of mind, reach goals and create the life you deserve.
With therapeutic hypnosis it is possible to access your subconscious mind, which makes up 90% of brain. It processes and releases thought patterns and habits to make desirable, lasting changes in your life.
Therapeutic hypnosis is more effective and works more quickly than psychoanalysis or behavior therapy. In a hypnotized state you are more receptive to new ideas and you can more effectively process the emotions linked to the experiences, which created pain, fear, sadness, anger, guilt, shame, humiliation and low self-esteem.
What can I do?
- The first step is to acknowledge that we are hurting and not lie to ourselves.
- There are times when deep wounds can cause amnesia, preventing us from recalling voluntarily the event or that time in our life. Take the help of counselor to guide you gently.
- Locate the cause of the pain. The root cause of what is manifesting now may be somewhere else. A child may find it difficult getting along with his peers, whereas the cause may be abusive step-parents at home
- Do not associate one hurt with another. With each new conflict, we pick up additional baggage. It is therefore important that we locate and separate each painful experience.
- The next step is to cleanse the wound. Like physical wounds, emotional hurts can worsen if left open for long.
- The last step is to strengthen the weak area. Just as in physical wound, the area around the emotional wound may remain weak even after the healing occurs. We should avoiding focusing thoughts on the event that brought the hurt.
Try Emotional Freedom Techniques
Emotional Freedom Techniques is an easy yet effective method developed by Gary Craig that allows quick release of negative emotions. EFT involves tapping on certain meridian points that communicate energetic information throughout the human body while focused on the emotion we want to release. Take a few minutes to learn the fundamental steps of this powerful self-help tool.
- What Emotions Do
- Weathering Emotional Storms
- Steps To Receive Emotional Healing