Geopathic Stress, or harmful earth rays, can result from natural radiation which rises up through the earth and is distorted by weak electro-magnetic fields created by subterranean (underground) running water, certain mineral concentrations, fault lines and underground cavities. The natural radiation, disturbed in this way becomes harmful to living organisms (including animals and plants!) Geopathic Stress can also result from electro-magnetic fields caused by electrical wiring, lighting, appliances (including computers, TVs, microwaves, clocks, radios), telephones (especially cellular phones), and from outside sources such as electric generators, transformers and electricity pylons.
How does it affect me?
Geopathic Stress does not cause any illness, but lowers your immune system and your ability to fight off viruses and bacteria. While we sleep, the body should be at rest so that it can do it's repair work on body cells, fight infection and absorb nutrients from the food eaten that day. However, if we sleep in a Geopathic Stress Zone, the body has to focus all it's energy just to keep vital organs working and, consequently, the immune system is lowered, we cannot fully absorb nutrients or effectively fight off infections.
The most common indications of Geopathic Stress are resistance to treatment (conventional or alternative), feeling run-down and exhausted, depression, nervousness, allergies, insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares, sleep walking, headaches on waking, tingling in arms and legs, grinding teeth. Research has shown that 90% of babies, who died of cot death, had been sleeping in Geopathic Stress Zones. Geopathic Stress can result in miscarriages, infertility and behavioral problems in children, such as hyperactivity and attention deficit disorder (ADD). Negative energy is also linked to cancers such as childhood leukemia and breast cancer.
Signs of geopathic stress
The following clues may suggest that a person is affected by Geopathic Stress:-*They have a serious illness such as cancer, M.E., or multiple sclerosis.
- They have any illness which does not clear up despite good treatment.
- They have tried a number of different therapies without success.
- They feel better when away from home. For instance, a condition may clear up or improve when away on holiday only to come back again when they get back home.
- They became ill shortly after moving house.
- They live in a house which has never "felt right" or they instinctively dislike it.
- They wake up feeling unrefreshed or feel worse in the mornings.This is because people are often affected by Geopathic Stress in bed as the body's resistance to it drops to a third of normal during sleep.
There are other pointers which may suggest that a particular house is affected. These are
- There may be problems with mould in the house.
- There is a lot of lichen or moss growing on the roof, walls, or lawn as geopathic stress encourages the growth of these.
- There may be problems with ants, wasps or bees. (Most animals avoid geopathic stress. Those that avoid it include dogs, cows and horses. Some are attracted to it, these include ants, wasps, bees and, oddly enough, cats).
- Numerous ants nests indicate GS too, and big ones are often on crossings of underground streams, while ant paths often follow streams too.
- The presence of cracks in walls ,driveways, paving stones, kerbstones and roads.These may indicate the presence of a geological faultline.
- The presence of trees with cancer (i.e. large knobbly growths on the trunk) or trees whose trunks have split into two.
- Gaps in hedges. These may indicate the position of a line of geopathic stress crossing the hedge.
- Close neighbours may also be in poor health.
- The presence nearby of springs and wells.
- Previous occupants of the house have also been ill.
- Geopathic stress is more frequent where the water table is high such as around estuaries. It is common near oil fields and areas of seismic or volcanic activity.
Geomancy is the practice of identifying subtle energies that directly affect our health and well-being. It involves identifying those energies that are disruptive to our lives and balancing them.
The Geomancer performs a geopathic stress analysis of electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) present in your environment, and can reduce their harmful effects.