Home remedies for acne
Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples. It includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflamed patches of skin (such as cysts). Acne is a kind of disorder is associated with skin eruptions and inflammation. It occurs principally during the adolescence/teenage years and affects nearly 90% of the young population. It is also quite commonly seen in adults.
With rising concerns about using products based on chemical ingredients that might further deteriorate the skin, the popularity of homemade options have been increasing.
Home remedies for acne are kitchen remedies for preventing and getting rid of acne. These remedies use plant based ingredients.
Why should I be aware of this?
Acne causes a great deal of awkwardness at an age when people tend to be susceptible about their personal appearance.
- Home remedies do not damage your skin further or age it.
- Before applying any plant based ingredient, do check if you are allergic to it.
- Stress, psychological disturbances, and irregular living habits can also bring on Acne.
- While Acne is not life-threatening, it can have a very adverse psychological impact. Teenagers with acne are often prone to depression and often show poor self-esteem and a general lack of confidence.
All about home remedies for acne
Acne treatment is the most sought after treatment in the middle of the younger age group. Acne is a general and chronic skin ailment. It is a provocative condition of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. The lesions are generally found on the skin of the face, neck, chest and shoulders. Almost six out of ten young inhabitants between the ages of twelve and twenty-four suffer from some point of acne.
- Tea Tree Oil is very effective against acne as it contains bacteria-fighting substances called Terpenes. Acne is often caused by bacteria and the Terpenes either outright kill them or weaken them enough to be destroyed by protective antibodies. There are very little side effects from using Tea Tree Oil.
- Aloe Vera is a highly effective natural cure against acne. The enzyme-rich gel has very soothing anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It can also be taken internally and helps clean up and detoxify the digestive tract. This in turn can help clear up the skin.
- Mix 1/2 cup mashed apple, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 slightly beaten egg white and 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a fine paste and apply to your face for at least 15 minutes to 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Make a fine paste of turmeric powder with neem leaves. Apply on acne. Wash it off after 25-30 minutes with lukewarm water
- Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and acne.
- Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc.
- Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Apply juice of raw papaya (include the skin and seed) on swelling pimples or acne.
- Apply ripe tomatoes pulp on acne pimples and keep for an hour, then wash.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of roasted and powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils, acne, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Apply a paste of ground sesame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and acne.
- Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention.
- Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.
- Make a paste of salt in vinegar. Rub it on the pimples. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Put watermelon pulp on the affected area to get relief from acne.
- Honey and cinnamon pastes are widely used for getting rid of acne.
- Wash your face with regularly with salt water to get rid of oil and dirt.
- Dampen a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and apply it to your acne marks.
- Make a paste of sandalwood with a few drops of rosewater and apply it on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour.
What can I do?
- Drink at least four pints of water every day.
- Include fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables in your daily diet.
- Before bathing, apply a mixture of tomato pulp, honey and rose-water to your face and keep for twenty minutes before washing off.
- At night, before going to bed, apply a mix of cream, glycerine, and lemon juice to your face and again keep it on for a short while before washing.
- Regular Yoga exercises will also improve skin and overall health.
Things to Avoid
- Avoid touching your face all the time, keep your hair away from your face, and avoid picking at pimples.
- Avoid using heavy make-up – in fact, it is preferable to avoid make-up altogether. For an effective cure, stay as natural as possible.