Home remedies for pimples
Home remedies for pimples are kitchen remedies for preventing and getting rid of pimples. These remedies use plant based ingredients. Pimples have been an all-time problem for adolescents, teenagers, and even adults the world over. And though pimples are only temporary, the popularity of branded skin creams to get rid of unwanted pimples in most parts of the worlds, shows that emotional consequences of these problems are far more than the physical consequences for those who suffer from it.
With rising concerns about using products which have chemical ingredients that might further deteriorate the skin, the popularity of homemade options have been increasing.
Why should I be aware of this?
- The increased production of the Testosterone hormone and natural oils in the body during the teenage years is responsible for the formation of pimples.
- While pimples are a temporary and non life-threatening problem, they can have a very adverse psychological impact. Teenagers with pimples tend to feel self conscious and low.
- If the problem is severe, it might lead to poor self-esteem and a general lack of confidence.
- Stress, psychological disturbances, irregular living habits, oily food, junk food, onset of menstruation can also bring on pimples.
- A host of simple home remedies listed here can help you have a blemish-free skin. Even if you do not have pimples, using these home remedies will give you a healthy, blemish free glowing and young skin.
All about home remedies for pimples
- Apply the mixture of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with one teaspoon of lemon juice to the affected area.
- Make a paste of cinnamon powder and honey. Apply it to your face before sleeping for the night and wash it the next morning. Do this every night for about 2 weeks.
- Garlic -- The antibiotic properties of garlic are effective in treating pimples. Make a paste of whole garlic and apply it on the face (avoiding the eyes). Remove the paste carefully after 10-15 minutes with a warm cloth. Then wash your face.
- Tomatoes -- Apply the pulp of ripe tomato on the affected area for at least 1 hour. Wash it off with water.
- Fenugreek -- Apply the paste of fenugreek and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Washe the paste off using warm water.
- Orange Peel -- Mix pounded orange peels with water, and apply the paste to affected areas.
- Drumstick -- Make a paste of drumstick pods and leaves and mix it with lime juice. Apply it on the pimples.
- Lemon -- Apply lemon juice to pimples to reduce their size and intensity.
- Nutmeg -- Mix ground nutmeg with milk to remove pimples instantly.
- Papaya -- Blend raw papaya fruit with the skin and the seeds. Apply the juice on swelling pimples.
- Potatoes-- Apply grated potato on the affected area. This is also effective for curing boils, whiteheads, blackheads, and other skin blemishes.
- Milk -- Use a homemade facewash of boiled milk and fresh lime juice.
- Mint -- Apply mint every evening on the pimples and remove it the next morning. It also effective in treating scabies, insect stings, skin infections, and eczema.
- Rose water -- Mix rose water and lime juice in the ratio of 1:1. Apply it on the pimples and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pomegranate skin --Make a powdered Pomegranate skin and roast it. Mix this with lime juice to treat pimples effectively. This mixture could also treat whiteheads, blackheads, and boils.
- Remember to clean your skin with water or a paste of gram flour and water before applying any home remedy or cream. These remedies are ineffective on dirty skin.
- Do not rub any of these pastes or ingredients on your skin as it might irritate your pimples. Apply the paste carefully. Spread it with soft hand.
- While removing the dried paste, either sprinkle warm or cold water as directed. Then slowly take of the paste which might have got hardened.
- If your skin is allergic and sensitive consult an expert before applying any product or even natural ingredient on your face.
What can I do?
All adolescents and teenagers and those who are prone to getting pimples should take care of their skin to avoid getting pimples.
Tips for preventing pimples
- Apply a paste of fresh mint leaves all over your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Make a face mask of multani-mitti Indian fuller's earth mixed with rose water to absorb extra oil from oily skins. Do apply this mask more than once in every 15 days. You can use it once a week. Avoid using this mask if your skin is very sensitive and dry.
- Boil Neem leaves in a litre of water. Add this to a bucket of water and bathe with it. This is an Ayurvedic remedy for preventing most of the skin problems.
- Wash your face with cold water at least twice or thrice a day and whenever you come back for outside.
- Apply a mixture of tomato juice and honey. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash your face. This will help to prevent pimples and also clear previous pimple marks. Do not use this mixture for sensitive skin
- Prepare a mixture of apple pulp and honey. Apply this mixture on face and let it stay for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. It is good for getting rid of pimples.
- Apply mixture of honey and lemon juice drops to have a shiny and clear skin
Diet for avoiding pimples
- Have a glass of milk with a pinch of turmeric powder at least once a day
- You can even avoid pimples ensuring you have a balanced diet as your diet has a direct impact on your skin.
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water. This will help to detoxify your body and avoiding pimples
- Avoid consuming oily, spicy and junk food as much as you can
- Make fruits and vegetables an integral part of your diet. You can drink fruit juices. If you want to have glowing and red cheeks you can eat red fruits like apples, cherries and tomatoes.
- Avoid using cosmetics to avoid chemicals that harm your skin.